Sunday, January 9, 2011

Toss the Coin Already!

If the Ducks lose, I will sink to the floor and cry like a colicky baby.
If the Ducks win, I will sink to the floor and cry like a colicky baby.
If you're like me, you're ready. You've read all there is to read. Studied plenty of game film. Heard every opinion. Analyzed every chart. Scraped up every shred of clue from even a closed practice.

In Sunday's Oregonian was one final huge pre-game special section with tons of stories -- thanks in part to both teams showing up for a mandatory media day on Saturday.  Finally, the poor reporters who've been camped down there for a week had some new material.


If the Ducks win, I will tattoo the
winged 'O' glove design directly
on to my hands.
I couldn't read any of it. I'm exhausted. I'm just DONE. I realized what I, and probably you, have been looking for through all of the thousands of column inches and scores of broadcast hours.  We've been looking for one distinguished expert to say, "The Ducks will win. And here's why . . ."

But even when someone says that, are you going to believe him or her?  Not when there's someone else saying the same for Auburn.

Look, here's the long and short of it. Oregon can win this game. But both teams are evenly matched for different reasons. Auburn is a little bigger. Oregon is a little faster. But beyond that, it's in the air.

Oregon can beat Auburn if they can contain Cam Newton. And the Trailblazers could've beaten Chicago if they could've contained Michael Jordan.

If Cam Newton has a Heisman kind of day -- the game of his life much like Terrelle Pryor in last year's Rose Bowl -- the Ducks would have to be perfect.

If Oregon's defense messes Newton up, and the special teams are special, then Oregon's offense can steal the show.

Please don't ask me for the data to back that up because like I said, I'm done. Not going to worry about what anybody says anymore.




If Oregon wins, this color
"Yell-n-Scream"Yellow/Green
is going up on my living room walls!
Just toss the coin. Let's get it on. Git 'er done. Lock and load. It's GO time. 

Because . . . . .





BECAUSE . . . . . . . . .











BECAUSE . . . . . . . .



I GOT A FEELING



Shake off the jitters. You know the drill. Crank both of these vids and get yourself amped for something wonderful.



Win The Day
Fast, Hard, Finish
NCAA Football National Championship, Monday, 5:30 Pacific. Lots of pregame and postgame around it. All on ESPN

Oh BTW. Win or lose on Monday, I'm walking tall on Tuesday. Never been prouder.

--KB

No comments: