Friday, January 8, 2010

'Fire Ernie Kent' Rally postponed until further notice.

Holy Moly. Is that our crummy basketball team in first place? . . . . Eating Ravioli?  OK, I'll leave it to Supwichugirl to work on that.

Oregon's men's basketball team is looking good in first place after an improbable sweep in Washington of the Huskies and Cougs (Distinguishing the gender is necessary these days because the women, led by legendary coach Paul Westhead, are also in first place). 

Sunday at 7:30 they will host Oregon State on FSN

Guards Tujaun Porter and Malcom Armstead make for a powerful 1-2 punch in the backcourt. 

But probably the most exciting emerging star on the team is 6-10, 240 lb. center, Michael Dunigan, a sophomore out of Chicago. It's been a long time since Oregon has had a truly imposing front liner in basketball.


"All business" Michael Dunigan with Tujuan Porter at Washington.
That's not a pose. He looks that way all the time. Check out the looks
on the Husky fans' faces. Reminds me of the moment when
King Kong broke from his leash.


There's something I like about Dunigan, but I can't quite put my finger on it . . . . .

\/
\/
\/
\/
What is it? He reminds me of someone . . . . . .
\/
\/
\/
\/




Of course, it was right in front of me!  
He is MD.  Michael "Mad Duck" Dunigan!

He is apparently not quite the bad dude that he appears to be. Here's a good article from the Register Guard about him. --kb

2 comments:

Freedom Fighter said...

I watched Oregon dominate Washington the day after the Rose Bowl. It was very timely to help me decompress after we lost to Ohio State. It was the first time that I have seen Dunigan and Armstead. Wow! What a pleasant surprise. Dunigan is a first for us. We have had big guys before, but he represents something else. He has a physicality that is hard for opponents to match. I can’t wait until Catron returns to action. This could be a very special team. Scary unstoppable inside game. Scary unstoppable outside game. Able to run with anyone. Just when we thought Kent should be packing his bags.

Anonymous said...

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you learn that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.