Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's all fun and games until someone get's punched in the face.

[The Oregon Ducks and Pac-10 took a stand when they agreed on Legarrette Blout's ban from football games. They've made their feelings clear in these quotes plucked from the Register Guard]

[From Chip Kelly:]. . . . .his actions last night were unacceptable, and that we will not put up with that. That is not the University of Oregon football, that is not the University of Oregon.


Kelly said that when he reviewed film of the incident for the first time Friday morning, “my reaction was that’s not what we’re all about. That’s not what we coach, that’s not what we stand for, and it’s unacceptable.”


On Friday, the UO released a statement from President Richard Lariviere, calling Blount’s conduct “reprehensible.”


[Lariviere adds,] “We do not and will not tolerate the actions that were taken by our player,” the statement said. “Oregon’s loyal fans expect and deserve better. … UO players, coaches and fans are known for their passion and enthusiasm for athletic competition. At the University of Oregon, we are committed to demonstrating that passion in positive ways.”


“It makes the clearest possible statement about the values of the university, and the conference has a zero-tolerance policy to the type of conduct we saw (Thursday),” [Pac-10 Commissioner Larry ]Scott said.


[So I'm reading all of these and I'm thinking "Well that's a bummer . . . . .


\/


\/


\/


\/


What am I supposed to do with this?"

You remember this. A few years back the Duck beat the crap out of the Houston Cougar. Duck, by the way, was suspended for only one game -- probably because punching a pillow face with pillow hands can't be taken too seriously.

But I LOL everytime I pull this one up. And if you've read me much, you know I'll take any opportunity to show it. Yet now we have this new "no tolerance" attitude on punching people in the face. Great. Thanks a lot Blount.

I suppose it's right. This is the Obama era afterall. We can't waterboard. No more shooting people in the face. Could punching people in the face have been far behind?

So what should I do? Archive it? Delete it, never to see the light of pixels again?

I need help on this one. I'll make it our question of the week (See upper left column.). What do you think? Do you want to continue seeing this pic of the Oregon Duck punching the Houston Cougar in the face whenever possible?]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Killer Bee,
I find your sense of humor of this whole matter to be severely lacking of sensitivity. And that picture of the mascots is DISGUSTING. Isn't there enough violence in this world without jokers like you trying to encourage more?
--Byron Hout

Freedom Fighter said...

I agree. The O line cost us that game. And being all PC cost us our best running back. Now Purdue has become the most important game of the season. They want revenge for last year. We need to stop the apology campaign and just go out and run them over.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,
That cracked me up and reminded me of the Duck and the Cougar. I had to look it up on YouTube and it's still there. That was one MAD DUCK!!
-Scott Radford